2017 Ford Taurus Performance
The 2017 Ford Taurus is a big, beautiful car that offers Peotone and Bradley, IL drivers access to all the power, performance, and driving features they could want from a large sedan. See what you can expect when you slide behind the wheel of a Taurus, then drop by Terry's Ford of Peotone and learn how easy it is to finance your next driving adventure.
Drivers can choose from three capable engines to move the potent Ford Taurus:
- 3.5L: The base engine is a 3.5L V6 motor with twin independent variable camshaft timing controls that help the powerplant generate as much as 288 hp and 254 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- 3.6L: Drivers who want more power can upgrade to the 3.6L EcoBoost V6 which combines a turbocharger with direct-injection technology to deliver 365 hp and as much as 350 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- 2.0L: For those who value efficiency, Ford offers the 2.0L EcoBoost I4 engine capable of delivering 240 hp and 270 lb.-ft. of torque while also offering 20 mpg/city and as much as 29 mpg/highway fuel economy.
Other Performance Features
The experts at US News praise the Taurus for its handling, calling it “smooth and quiet on the highway,” but that isn't the only reason to get behind the wheel of this handsome sedan:
- All-Wheel Drive: Select models can be equipped with the Intelligent AWD system with sensors front and rear to balance torque and improve handling in all driving conditions.
- Sport-Tuned Suspension: The Taurus SHO features a unique front suspension with sport-tuned shocks, stabilizer bars, and mounts that, when combined with the multilink rear suspension makes for a smooth, stable ride.
- SelectShift: The available SelectShift 6-speed automatic transmission with shifter button allows drivers to take charge of shifting the transmission themselves for a more commanding ride.
- Torque Vectoring: Curve Control and Torque Vectoring Control combined with Electronic Stability Control provide more steering and braking power when needed, preventing the Taurus from sliding out on winding roads.
- Power Steering: The Electronic Power-Assisted Steering uses an electronic motor, rather than a hydraulic pump, ensuring consistent, smooth control over the vehicle no matter what the road throws at it.
Test Drive a 2017 Ford Taurus Today
See why the 2017 Ford Taurus performance features have Peotone and Bradley, IL drivers talking. Contact Terry's Ford of Peotone at (888) 832-3250 or visit our showroom at 363 N Harlem Ave and experience Ford power in person.