2017 Ford Fusion Safety
The 2017 Ford Fusion delivers the safety features Peotone drivers count on and has been named not only a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS, but has also earned a perfect 5-star overall safety rating by the NHTSA. Explore all the latest safety additions here, then finance this smart choice at Terry’s Ford in Peotone.
The best safety equipment keeps you and your vehicle out of trouble in the first place. The Ford Fusion does that well with an array of preventative safety features that include:
- Pre-Collision Assist: The Pre-Collision Assist system with Pedestrian Detection provides audible and visual warning cues if it senses an imminent collision and can automatically apply the brakes if the driver fails to act in time.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Radar sensors detect traffic ahead and can adjust the vehicle’s speed to avoid collisions, coming to a stop and restarting as needed without driver input.
- Rearview Camera: Drivers can easily see the area behind the vehicle, steering clear of pedestrians and obstacles when backing.
- Lane Keeping: Features like lane-keeping alert and lane-keeping aid prevent the vehicle from straying from the designated lane of traffic.
- Cross-Traffic Alert: Sensors alert the driver with audible and visual cues should a vehicle enter the vehicle’s blind spot when backing.
- Blind Spot Information: Radar sensors in the rear of the vehicle monitor the blind spots, providing alerts to hazards the driver may be unable to see.
- Parking Assist: Perpendicular Park Assist, Park Out Assist, and Side Parking Sensors help drivers to find and maneuver the vehicle into appropriate parking spaces, reducing the likelihood of an accidental collision.
With features like these, it’s little wonder Motor Trend gave this fun-to-drive sedan such high marks.
If an accident cannot be avoided, Ford has engineered the Fusion to protect cabin occupants with a suite of advanced airbags, available inflatable rear safety belts, and strategically placed front and rear crumple zones designed to absorb the force of impact and prevent serious injury to cabin occupants. Combined with the use of high-strength materials in the vehicle’s construction, it’s little wonder that the Ford Fusion has become a top pick for savvy Peotone drivers.
Test-drive the Fusion in Peotone, IL
Get behind the wheel of a new 2017 Ford Fusion and see how Ford does safety. Contact Terry’s Ford of Peotone at (888) 832-3250 or visit us at 363 N Harlem Avenue in Peotone, IL.