2018 Ford F-150 Safety Features
Advanced airbags, LATCH safety system, and heavy-duty braking are just the tip of the iceberg for the 2018 Ford F-150 safety systems. Read on to learn more about this Bradley and Peotone, IL favorite and see why, when it comes to keeping you and yours safe, there's no substitute for the solid engineering found in the F-150.
Advanced Safety Technology
The F-150 offers drivers access to some of the most innovative safety technologies on the road today, including:
- 360-Degree Camera: Four cameras provide a composite view of the area surrounding the truck, making it easier for drivers to avoid hazards and connect to towing equipment.
- BLIS: The Blind Spot Information System with Traffic Alert and Trailer Coverage monitor the area to the rear of the vehicle when backing or driving, alerting the driver if it senses an obstacle they might not be able to see.
- Pre-Collision Assist: The Pre-collision system with Pedestrian Detection monitors the area to the front of the vehicle, alerting drivers if it senses a hazard, and applying the brakes if needed to avoid a collision.
- Lane Keeping Assist: Sensors to the side of the vehicle monitor the road, and if it senses the vehicle straying out of its intended lane, it can alert the driver by vibrating the wheel, providing "torque sensations," or both.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: ACC allows drivers to set their preferred following distance, applying the brakes if it senses the truck coming too close to another vehicle.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: Properly inflated wheels improve safety and fuel efficiency. The TPMS alerts the driver if any of the wheels require more air to ensure a proper, well-controlled ride.
Not only is the F-150 engineered to be a handsome truck, but its innovative design, with strategically-placed front and rear crumple zones also ensures that, in the event of an accident, the truck takes the brunt of the force-- not cabin occupants. Combined with a steel-reinforced safety cage, a suite of airbags that include the Safety Canopy side curtain airbags, and Ford's Active Restraint system, the F-150 is guaranteed to provide more than just peace of mind in the event of an accident.
Test-drive the 2018 Ford F-150 in Peotone, IL
Explore the 2018 Ford F-150 safety features that have Peotone and Bradley drivers talking and see how easy it is to finance the truck you need today. Contact an associate at Terry's Ford at (888) 832-3250 or visit our showroom at 363 N Harlem Avenue in Peotone, IL.