Ford Escape Info View Inventory
2018 Ford Escape Engine Specs
The 2018 Ford Escape engine specs are a delight to Peotone and Bradley, IL drivers who desire more from their crossover SUV, including:
- Class-Leading Fuel Efficiency
- Superior On- And Off-Road Traction Support
- Advanced Towing Capabilities
Explore the power this dynamic crossover SUV offers, then stop by our showroom to see why critics can't stop talking about the stylish Ford Escape.
The Ford Escape can be equipped with one of three responsive engines sure to suit any driver's personality:
- 2.5 L Duratec: The 2.5 L IVCT in-line 4-cylinder engine is available exclusively with the front-wheel-drive drivetrain and six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. This powerplant generates up to 168 hp and 170 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 1.5 L EcoBoost©: The available 1.5 L Ti-VCT in-line 4-cylinder engine can be paired with standard front-wheel drive or the optional Intelligent Four-Wheel Drive and the Escape's six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission to deliver 179 hp and 177 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0 L EcoBoost©: The 2.0 L Ti-VCT 4-cylinder motor is also available with either front-wheel drive or optional Intelligent Four-Wheel Drive and six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. This engine creates 245 hp and 275 lb.-ft. of torque.
Other Performance Highlights
The 2018 Ford Escape engine specs have Bradley drivers talking not only because of the impressive power available, but also because of what they potentially allow drivers to do with it:
- Impressive Towing: Unlike many vehicles in this class that aren't rated for towing, the Ford Escape delivers a maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
- Available Paddle Shifters: For drivers who want more control of the vehicle's performance, select models offer available paddle shifters.
- Torque Vectoring Control: The optional Curve Control uses throttle reduction to slow the vehicle if it senses the driver approaching a curve at too high a rate of speed, while Torque Vectoring Control improves traction by transferring power and torque to the wheels that need it.
- AdvanceTrac: The standard AdvanceTrac and Roll Stability Control systems help the driver to maintain control of the vehicle as road conditions become more challenging, using sensors to adjust power and braking as needed.
Test-drive the 2018 Ford Escape in Peotone, IL
Experience the 2018 Ford Escape engine specs when you schedule your Bradley-area test drive today. Contact Terry's Ford of Peotone at 888-832-3250 or visit our showroom at 363 North Harlem Ave. in Peotone, IL to learn more and see how easy affordable financing can be.