2017 Ford Taurus
Get a smooth ride through the streets of Bradley and Peotone in the 2017 Ford Taurus. This spacious sedan offers the features and design drivers are looking for. Backed with powerful performance and unexpected luxuries, the 2017 Taurus is making drivers take notice. Explore this sophisticated sedan below, then visit Terry's Ford of Peotone to see Taurus in person.
Trims and Pricing
Customize your 2017 Ford Taurus by choosing one of four available trims:
- 2017 Ford Taurus SE – Starting MSRP $27,345
- 2017 Ford Taurus SEL – Starting MSRP $29,775
- 2017 Ford Taurus Limited – Starting MSRP $36,85
- 2017 Ford Taurus SHO – Starting MSRP $42,520
The wide stance and crisp lines of the 2017 Ford Taurus make a powerful statement. The distinctive front end is highlighted with a bold grille and signature LED lighting. The aerodynamic body conveys motion, even when the vehicle is parked. The rear is punctuated with dual chrome exhaust tips and a characteristic spoiler for a daring look. Highlight the sporty look of the Taurus with your choice of 20-inch wheels. High-intensity discharge headlamps are exclusive to the Taurus SHO and give your Taurus an eye-catching look.
Taurus SE, SEL, and Limited models feature a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with shifter button activation that gives the feel of a manual. Taurus SHO has race-inspired, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters for changing gears quickly and seamlessly. The 2017 Taurus also features a powerful engine lineup:
- 3.5L V6 – This standard engine offers a robust 288 horsepower and utilizes twin independent variable camshaft timing controls (Ti-VCT) when valves open and close to enhance overall engine performance.
- 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 Ti-VCT – Direct injection and turbocharging combine with Ti-VCT to produce 240 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque. Available on SE, SEL, and Limited models.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 – Offering optimal performance for driving enthusiasts, the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is standard on the 2017 Taurus SHO. This high capacity engine combines turbocharging and direct injection technologies to generate 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque.
Taurus' performance wouldn't be complete without intelligent all-wheel drive sensors that balance torque between the front and rear wheels to enhance handling and maximize traction.
Interior Design and Features
Superior styling and craftsmanship stand out in every detail of the 2017 Taurus interior starting with the use of soft-touch, high-quality materials throughout the cabin. Get a sense of quiet comfort thanks to insulation in the engine compartment as well as the cabin to isolate engine and external noise and provide drivers and passengers with an enjoyable ride. The Taurus interior offers plenty of luxuries:
- Heated and Cooled Seats – Standard on Limited and SHO models, heated and cooled front seats keep you and your front seat passenger comfortable year round. Rear passengers don't take a back seat to comfort, with second-row heated outboard seats also standard.
- SHO Interior – Styled to impress the SHO interior offers leather-trimmed seats, aluminum pedals, woven aluminum appliqué, embroidered floor mats, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Sony Audio System – The Taurus offers an audio system from Sony with Clear Phase and Live Acoustics featuring 12 speakers and high-quality surround sound for static-free, razor-sharp sound reception.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Taurus scores well on crash tests and is available with a host of features designed to prevent a collision from occurring:
- Blind Spot Information System – Audio and visual warnings alert you to vehicles approaching in your blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Designed to assist you when backing up at slow speeds, the rear cross traffic alert system will notify you of any approaching vehicles.
- Forward Collision Warning – Radar enabled collision warning system with brake support that will alert you of a possible collision with the vehicle in front of you and if you don't react will preload the brakes for better response.
2017 Ford Taurus Reviews
We aren't surprised critics are enthused with the 2017 Ford Taurus:
- Car and Driver – “The Taurus is comfortable, reasonably handsome, and priced to start at less than 30 grand.”
- Edmunds – “The 2017 Ford Taurus has many qualities that you might hope to get from a large American sedan, such as a smooth ride, a spacious interior, and a cavernous trunk.”
- The Car Connection – “The 2017 Ford Taurus offers a quiet ride, comfortable interior in front, generous trunk, and good engine options.”
Explore the 2017 Ford Taurus on a Bradley and Peotone Test Drive at Terry's Ford
Test drive the 2017 Ford Taurus at Terry's Ford to see why Bradley and Peotone drivers have embraced this sophisticated sedan. Contact us at (888) 832-3250 or visit our showroom at 363 N. Harlem Ave in Peotone today.