The 2016 Ford Fusion is an Invigorating Midsize Sedan
The 2016 Ford Fusion continues to offer Chicago and Manteno drivers the level of performance, comfort, convenience, and technology they have come to expect from the brand. With three well-balanced trims levels to choose from, a range of available powertrains, and numerous interior features, this sedan has lived up to the anticipation that has surrounded it.
View Fusion Inventory
Trim Levels and Price
- S: Starting at $22,110, the 2016 Ford Fusion S includes a wealth of premium features as standard, including a voice-activated SYNC system that allows ou to keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while you take advantage of handsfree calling and Bluetooth connectivity.
- SE: Starting at $23,645, the SE upgrades comfort with a 10-way power driver's seat, enhances the exterior with power-adjustable heated mirrors, and offers a six-month subscription to SiruisXM, with music, sports, news, and all premium channels.
- Titanium: Starting at $30,390, the Titanium trim is the final word in sedan styling. With premium seating and dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, the cabin is extremely comfortable. A next-generation SmartGauge with EcoGuide has also been fitted to provide real-time efficiency information.
Powertrains and MPG
Available with all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive, the 2016 Ford Fusion makes power a priority, but manages to do so with sacrificing fuel economy. Chicago and Manteno drivers will be able to choose between three dynamic engines — each equipped with 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission — in order to customize their own level of power:
- 2.5L Duratec 16V I-4 Engine: The Duratec engine provides practical performance that will easily fulfil the needs of most drivers, supplying up to 175 hp. With front-wheel drive, it can achieve 22 mpg city/34 mpg highway.
- 1.5L Ti-VCT I-4 EcoBoost: This engine provides 181 hp. At the same time, Ecoboost technology makes it the most efficient engine available for the standard 2016 Fusion. With front-wheel drive and the optional stop/start system, it offers 25 mpg city/37 mpg highway.
- 2.0L Ti-VCT I-4 EcoBoost: The 2.0L Ecoboost combines a stunning level of power with fuel-sipping technology, easily putting Manteno drivers in control of up to 240 hp while still maintaining efficiency. With front-wheel drive, it can achieve 22 mpg city/33 mpg highway.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The 2016 Ford Fusion has been designed to provide a smooth ride which feels completely effortless. That aim has been fulfilled, with technology such as:
- Independent MacPherson Strut Suspension with Stabilizer Bar: Reduces road noise and vibration while also enhancing the vehicle’s ability to corner.
- Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS): Uses pull-drift compensation to continuously correct for road irregularities and improve the way steering feels.
All-wheel drive Fusion models are equipped with the latest in AWD sensing technology to supply and balance torque, increasing both traction and handling. Additionally, a rearview camera has been added as standard to make parking easier than ever across all trim levels.
Chicago drivers will find that each 2016 Ford Fusion trim level enjoys a higher standard of comfort and convenience. Premium cloth seating is included as standard, as is a luxurious 10-way power driver's seat with power lumbar support.
The Titanium trim offers sport-stitched, leather-trimmed, and heated front seats, while the SE’s technology package provides dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control and a 210-W premium audio system with 11 speakers, among other things.
The 2016 Ford Fusion offers Chicago and Manteno customers a strong level of standard safety, but acknowledges that some drivers need a little extra. The 2016 Fusion’s available safety systems offer cutting-edge protection. Some of these features include:
- Lane-Keeping Assist: A camera mounted behind the windshield monitors road markings to determine your position and detect lane departure, day or night. Should you deviate, steering wheel vibrations will help alert you, followed by an active application of steering torque if you still fail to respond.
- Blind-Spot Information System with Rear-Cross Traffic Alert: Uses radar technology to ascertain whether a vehicle has entered your blind sport, and provides a warning light on the appropriate mirror. Cross-traffic alert monitors the traffic behind you while you’re reversing, preventing the likelihood of a collision.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning: Helps maintain a gap between your Fusion and the vehicle ahead. A heads-up display simulates brake lights when the distance becomes unsafe, and brakes pre-charge if you don’t respond immediately, helping to increase responsiveness for a full stop.
Drive the 2016 Ford Fusion Near Manteno
The 2016 Ford Fusion is available now from Terry’s Ford of Peotone. Drivers in the Chicago and Manteno areas should visit our dealership for a test drive.