The 2016 Ford Expedition vs. the 2016 GMC Yukon
There seems to be little that the 2016 Ford Expedition can't do. As Peotone and Bradley drivers will see, the Expedition provides a colossal engine that guarantees massive horsepower and astounding towing capabilities, even while it also boasts solid fuel efficiency levels. Likewise, the Expedition offers bountiful interior space, as well as a comfortable cabin with memorably luxurious accoutrements and exciting technologies. Finally, the 2016 Ford Expedition is also an impressively safe vehicle, promising an array of safety systems and earning recognition from across the industry for its safety specs. But in order to see just how exciting this car is, simply compare it to one of its nemeses, the 2016 GMC Yukon.
First of all, the 2016 Ford Expedition delivers absolutely unrivaled amounts of horsepower and towing capacity:
- The 2016 Ford Expedition – The Expedition is powered by a titanic 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine which can get as much as 365 hp while also generating 420 lb-ft of torque. This is all well and good, of course, but check out what this means when it comes to towing capabilities: if the Expedition is conventionally outfitted, this vehicle can deliver as much as 6,600 pounds of tow power, but when it's equipped with the available Heavy-Duty Trailer Towing Package, the Expedition can guarantee as much 9,2000 pounds—or enough to lug even the heaviest loads from Peotone and Bradley to almost any destination.
- The 2016 GMC Yukon – The Yukon comes equipped with a 5.3L EcoTec V8 engine that gives decent horsepower, but nothing like the Expedition's 365 hp. Even more importantly, the Yukon delivers nowhere near as much as towing capacity as the Expedition, providing a maximum of only 8,200 pounds when outfitted with its HD Trailering Package.
Interior Space and Technologies
Just as the Expedition blows past the Yukon when it comes to power, so does it offer ample space for passengers and cargo:
- The 2016 Ford Expedition – The Expedition affords generous passenger room, providing seating for eight, but it also gives you and your family 130.8 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the first seats. What this means is that you're going to be able to fit all the luggage you need to bring into the Expedition, along with all those passengers! Likewise, the Expedition also comes equipped with a range of exciting technologies to keep everyone entertained, informed, and in control, including SYNC®3 technology to keep you connected; SiriusXM Satellite Radio to keep the music playing; and a powerful navigation system to keep you en route to your destination.
- The 2016 GMC Yukon – Sure, the Yukon gives you and your family a range of exciting technologies—OnStar with 4G LTE and a built-in WiFi hotspot; an audio system with an 8-inch touchscreen and IntelliLink services; and even a Rear Seat Entertainment System with Blu-Ray. And certainly, it also gives you abundant passenger volume, with nine seats. But the new GMC can't compare to the Expedition when it comes to cargo room: indeed, it only provides 94.7 cubic feet of cargo volume, meaning that all those passengers are going to feel pretty squeezed when you load up the Yukon with their luggage.
Finally, the 2016 Ford Expedition also provides an array of powerful safety systems to keep everyone safe on the open road:
- The 2016 Ford Expedition – The Expedition comes with a BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert system designed to let you know when a previously invisible vehicle is about to cross your rear path and help you avert it. Meanwhile, it features Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems, which alert you to the presence of imminent threats on the road. Likewise, the Expedition received five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for its crash-prevention safety system, as well.
- The 2016 GMC Yukon – The Yukon does provide some similar programs—a Forward Collision Alert sensor; a Rear Cross Traffic Alert; a Rear Vision Camera; Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert—but it did not receive the same sort of accolades from the government for its safety systems.
Visit Terry's Ford to Test Drive the 2016 Ford Expedition!
Drivers from Bradley and Peotone should visit our Terry's Ford dealership to take the new 2016 Ford Expedition out for a test drive today! Find us at 363 North Harlem in Peotone, or give us a quick phone call at 888-832-3250 to arrange a visit and a test drive with one of our friendly representatives. Combing power, space, and safety, the 2016 Ford Expedition is a vehicle you should make sure not to miss!