2015 Ford Mustang vs. 2015 Dodge Challenger
The 2015 Ford Mustang and 2015 Dodge Challenger are two fierce competitors. For drivers in Peotone and Bradley, the Mustang and Challenger are two prime muscle car options. We decided to pit these new models against each other and have the comparison details below.
View Mustang Inventory
Trim Levels and Price
With the 2015 Ford Mustang, Bradley drivers will see the following standard features at each trim level:
- Starting with the V6 Fastback at $23,800, the Mustang’s standard features include 17-inch alloy wheels, xenon headlights, LED taillights, keyless ignition and entry, cruise control, air conditioning, full power accessories, a rearview camera, the Sync voice-control system, and more.
- The EcoBoost Fastback model, priced at $25,300, starts with the features on the V6. It then adds a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, a rear spoiler, six-way power front seats, aluminum dash trim, active noise cancellation, and a "tracks app" system with performance data.
- At $29,300, the EcoBoost Premium Fastback adds 18-inch wheels, selectable drive modes, aluminum and chrome interior accents, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, and an eight-inch touchscreen with the MyFord Touch interface.
- The GT Fastback starts at $32,300 and has the same standard features as the EcoBoost. It also tacks on the V8 engine, 18-inch wheels, chrome exhaust tips, launch control, and upgraded brakes and hood vents.
- Starting at $36,300, the GT Premium Fastback comes with everything seen on the EcoBoost Premium. Its optional features include packages like enhanced security, premier trim, 50 years appearance, and GT Performance.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger has five trim levels for Peotone drivers to consider, with the following standard features:
- The base model, the SXT, starts at $26,995 — more than the base 2015 Ford Mustang. Its standard features include hydraulic assist brake booster, sport suspension, a rear stabilizer bar, the 60/40-split rear folding seat, power windows, and the leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls.
- Starting at $31,495, the R/T has the SXT’s features in addition to performance brakes, projector fog lamps, and the six-speed manual TREMEC transmission.
- The R/T Scat Pack, priced at $38,495, has Bilstein high-performance suspension, Brembo four-piston high-performance brakes, and premium cloth performance seats, in addition to the standard R/T features.
- The SRT 392 starts at $45,995 and includes much of the Scat Pack’s features. It trades the four-piston brakes for six-piston brakes, features Nappa Leather/Alcantara high-performance seats, a heated steering wheel and front seats, and HID headlamps.
Powertrains and MPG
The standard engine on the 2015 Mustang is the 3.7L V6 with 300 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. With the turbocharged 2.3L EcoBoost engine, horsepower jumps up to 310 and torque reaches 320 lb-ft of torque. Available on the GT trim level, a 5.0L V8 engine packs 435 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. At its most efficient, the 2015 Ford Mustang can achieve an impressive 17 mpg city/28 mpg highway. The 2015 Dodge Challenger has two V8 engine options to go with its V6.
The Mustang’s all-new independent rear suspension improves handling and ride feel by improving body roll and isolating road imperfections. The available GT performance package includes a strut-tower brace, a large radiator, unique chassis tuning, an upsized rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs, advanced stability control, and more. The 2015 Challenger also emphasizes suspension with three different performance-oriented systems. You also see two transmission options, performance data displays in the touchscreen media center, and performance brakes.
Comfort and Convenience features
Comfort and convenience features are at a premium level in both cars, but the 2015 Ford Mustang stands out. The 2015 Mustang’s interior has memory recline front seats, a flat-load floor for easy cargo loading, and upscale design details. The 2015 Challenger does not come with such versatile, useful features.
The Mustang and Challenger both come with anti-lock disc brakes, traction and stability control, speed control, front-seat side airbags, side curtain airbags, and hill start assist (on manual transmissions in the Mustang). Bradley families should appreciate the fact that the 2015 ford Mustang also comes with a rearview camera.
Check Out the 2015 Ford Mustang at Terry’s Ford of Peotone
For more information about the 2015 Ford Mustang and why it’s a better choice than the 2015 Dodge Challenger, visit us at our showroom in Peotone. We’re always happy to help our customers in Bradley and Peotone with their questions about Ford’s impressive lineup.