2015 Ford Fusion vs. 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Drivers from Bradley have come to trust the people at Terry’s Ford Peotone to provide them with the perfect vehicle for their needs. In the interest of being thorough we’ve compared the 2015 Ford Fusion with the 2015 Hyundai Sonata. How did things turn out? We’re glad you asked.
View Fusion Inventory
Trim Levels and Price
The Ford Fusion offers three well-balanced trims for Bradley drivers, with a good number of standard features in each one:
- S: With a starting price of just $22,010, the S comes with a rearview camera for confident reversing, and boasts SYNC with a MyFord voice-activated communications and entertainment system.
- SE: With a starting price of just $23,545 and a wealth of interior features — such as a ten-way power driver’s seat — many drivers are being tempted by the luxurious SE trim.
- Titanium: With leather-trimmed sport-styled front heated seats and a Sony audio system with 12 powerful speakers and advanced HD radio, the Titanium trim transforms driving from a task to a treat, and it’s available from just $30,290.
Peotone drivers will find that the 2015 Hyundai Sonata takes a different approach, saving most features for the expensive, top-end Limited model:
- SE: For a minimum of $21,150, the SE Sonata offers little in the way of standard features, opting instead for a more spartan feel, though it does include premium cloth seats.
- Sport: For at least $23,175, the Sport model provides improved comfort levels with headed front seats and makes driving easier with automatic headlights.
- Limited: Available from $26,525, the top-end model is where you encounter the best Hyundai can offer. The Limited contains dual-zone front climate control and an eight-ways driver’s seat.
Power and Mileage
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata can be equipped with two engines:
- The 2.4L inline four-cylinder is a decent engine, with 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque and a combined mileage rating of 29 mpg for the SE and 28 mpg combined for the Sport and Limited.
- The available turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine produces 245 hp and manages 26 mpg combined.
Ford also gives Peotone drivers two choices with the 2015 Fusion:
- The 2.5L Duratec I-4: Standard for both the S and SE, this entry-level engine offers 175 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque with a up to 34 mpg highway.
- The 2.0L EcoBoost I-4: Standard on the Titanium, but available on the SE, too, this is the powerhouse you deserve, with the passionate drive that results from 240 hp and 231 lb-ft of torque. There’s not even much of a dip in efficiency, with up to 33 mpg highway.
The 2015 Sonata supplies you with a steady flow of standard features, essentially giving you exactly what you would expect and demand from this type of vehicle. As ever, features such as steering wheel-mounted audio, cruise control, and Bluetooth controls are all available with the Sonata.
However, providing you with what you expect shouldn’t be the ultimate goal of any auto manufacturer. That’s why Ford has fitted the 2015 Fusion with features you wouldn’t expect to find in standard trims.
Aside from anticipated amenities — such as cruise control, power windows, and climate control — you’ll receive technology usually reserved exclusively for luxury trims and vehicles, such as a MyFord voice-activated communications and entertainment system. This feature allows you to stay in touch and keep entertained, all without taking your hands from the wheel.
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata and the 2015 Ford Fusion both offer a range of standard safety features to ensure protection for you and your passengers. Standard devices on both include:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Traction control
- Brake assist
- Dual front airbags
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
This is an acceptable level of base protection, but the new Fusion goes further, also incorporating:
- MyKey Technology: For peace of mind when other family members are driving the car, this lets you limit top speeds, set speed alert chimes, and more.
- Rearview Camera: A standard feature for the 2015 Fusion, this device enables confident reversing.
Drive the 2015 Fusion at Terry’s Ford of Peotone
The 2015 Ford Fusion simply offers more than the 2015 Hyundai Sonata: more power and more technology. To take this great vehicle for a test drive near Bradley, come to Terry’s Ford of Peotone today.