The 2015 F-150 Redefines the Pick-up For Peotone and Bradley Drivers
The 2015 Ford F-150 has taken trucking to the new level, providing a next-generation model for Peotone and Bradley citizens. Getting behind the wheel means stepping into the future of motoring, with every element of the vehicle experiencing a dramatic improvement.
2015 Ford F-150 Changes
The 2015 Ford F-150 is a game-changer — not just for Ford, but for the automotive industry in general. Ever a trailblazer, Ford has taken the truck to new heights by using a military-grade aluminum-alloy body and high-strength steel frame.
Experts once debated whether aluminum construction could be feasible, but the engineers at Ford persevered for years to bring Peotone and Bradley drivers a new class of vehicle. Their efforts shaved off approximately 700 pounds, resulting in enhancements across the board, from handling, to towing and payload capacities, to efficiency.
Trims and Prices
Each model is improved by the 2015 F-150’s innovative design, but you still get five trim levels to choose from:
- XL: Starting at just $25,420, this standard model is still state-of-the-art, enjoying an advanced SYNC with MyFord system.
- XLT: Starting at $30,695, the XLT comes with a flexible BoxLink system, which can be used to customize your carrying capability.
- Lariat: Starting at $38,685, the Lariat has been fitted with a 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine, and uses long-lasting LED box lighting for easy access to your cargo in all conditions.
- King Ranch: Starting at $48,495, the King Ranch has been augmented for total performance, with Remote tailgate release and high-intensity quad-beam LED headlamps and taillamps.
- Platinum: Starting at $50,960, this premium 2015 F-150 provides all the work-ready amenities of other trims, and adds a 110-V/400-W conventional AC plug-in outlet to let you power almost anything on the go.
2015 F-150 MPG and Powertrains
Ford has allowed Peotone and Bradley drivers to fit one of four engines in their new 2015 F-150, each working with dramatic weight loss to create exceptionally low fuel-consumption ratings:
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6: The F-150’s most efficient engine, the 2.7L EcoBoost supplies a 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway while still achieving an output of 325 hp 375 ft-lb of torque — a phenomenal balance.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6: This engine supplies an upgrade in pulling power, boasting 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. With a six-speed automatic transmission, you’ll get 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6: This engine provides generous all-around performance, with an output equal to 282 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque. The six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission still allows 18 MPG in the city and 25 on the highway.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Providing both power — with 385 hp and 375 ft-lb of torque — alongside 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway, the 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 and accompanying six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission make a formidable team.
Towing and Payload Capacity
The 2015 F-150 can tow more weight than any other vehicle in this class. With the 3.5L EcoBoost engaged, the lightweight F-150 is good for up to 12,200 pounds of pulling power. Even the most efficient engine — the 2.7L EcoBoost — can still tow up to 8,500 pounds. There’s also a suite of devices to make towing easier, such as:
- Eight-inch Productivity Screen
- Class-exclusive Dynamic Hitch Assist
Remarkable hauling capabilities are backed up with high maximum payload ratings — up to a best-in-class 3,300 pounds.
Ford’s commitment to convenience continues inside the 2015 F-150, with plenty of technology ensuring that Bradley drivers find each job as effortless as possible.
Available features include:
- A Class-Exclusive 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display: Uses four cameras to create a complete visual readout of the surrounding area. Ford knows that these vehicles need to blend seamlessly from backcountry hauling to city-based commuting, so features like this have been added to enhance maneuverability.
- Twin Panel Power Moonroof: Enjoyable journeys are about more than reducing the negatives — you also need to enhance the positives. Open your vehicle to the wonderful panorama of both city and country with the new F-150’s moonroof and experience what driving is meant to be.
One of the concerns Ford had when they began development was whether the new materials would hold up to crash tests. After over 10 million miles of testing, they have been found to be more resilient than ever.
Bradley drivers can take comfort in the fact that this is military-grade technology, with advanced testing methods culminating in a truck that offers incredible front, rear, side, and rollover protection.
That protective body shouldn’t ever need to be put to the test, though. Several active safety features have been included to make sure that collisions are avoided, including:
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Curve Control
- Anti-Lock Brakes
- Trailer Sway Control
Drive the 2015 Ford F-150 Near Bradley, IL
The 2015 Ford F-150 is the future of motoring, and it’s available now at Terry’s Ford of Peotone. Contact us today for more information. We’re conveniently located near Bradley, and we hope to see you soon!