At Terry’s Ford, we’re happy to present the new 2013 Escape for Bradley-area drivers along with the rest of Chicagoland. The Escape has been a front-runner in the increasingly popular and competitive small SUV market for years. Now the Escape is back with great power, efficiency, and features that are sure to appeal to anyone looking for a practical vehicle with greater capacity and capability than a sedan, but better handling and efficiency than an SUV.
Even the basic S model that starts at $22,470 is practically loaded with features. Here are the features that all escapes share:
· AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control helps monitor and maintain intended steering direction in the case of wheel slippage, under steering, over steering, or roll motion. It also helps to maintain traction in poor driving conditions like inclement weather.
· The Six-Speed Selectshift Automatic Transmission is used on all Escapes for efficient operation. It also allows you to take control at any point and shift manually without a clutch.
· All focuses get a great suite of safety features: canopy side curtain airbags, front driver and passenger airbags, driver’s knee airbags, and seat mounted airbags are standard to protect passengers in a collision. Emergency brake assist helps prevent accidents before they happen.
The 2013 Escape has 3 powertrain options that vary in power and efficiency:
· The Escape S gets a 2.4L Duratec I-4 that powers the front wheels with 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. The S trim gets a great 31 mpg highway EPA-Estimate.
· The SE and SEL get the 1.6L EcoBoost that uses direct injection and a turbocharger to deliver 178 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. When paired with the FWD Escape, this combination results in the best in class 33 mpg highway.
· The Titanium Escape gets the bigger 2.0L EcoBoost engine which, like the smaller engine, is direct fuel injected and turbocharged. This power plant puts out 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque and still gets 30 mpg on the highway.
If you’re shopping for that dream vehicle with great gas mileage, respectable power, and the capacity for cargo, then check out the Escape. It’s the best parts of an SUV with the nimble handling and fuel economy of a car. We have a great selection of Focus models and other new Fords in our inventory. Visit Terry’s Ford of Peotone to test-drive the Escape today. To plan your trip from Bradley, click here for hours and directions.